It means a Container Freight Station. It serves as an off-dock terminal to handle cargo on behalf on behalf of KPA. They are licensed by KRA but works under the umbrella of KPA
02. What are the goods handled at the CFS?
CFS handles both domestic and transit cargo. These includes: Containers Motor vehicles Heavy machinery Project cargo Loose cargo
03. What is a Bill of Lading?
This is the most important document in the shipping process. To ship any goods, a B/Lading is required and acts as a receipt and contract between the carrier and the consignee (importer).
04. What is free period?
A period of time that is granted to clear the cargo without; paying storage; charges. The days run consecutively and includes Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
05. Why choose Interpel CFS?
We adhere to the laid down regulations on procedures and documentation, to ensure standardization in all areas of our operations. We are accredited with ISO 9001:2008 certificate. This achievement has added level of confidence for ...
06. What charges are levied after expiry of the free period?
Storage charges is levied after expiry of the free period.
07. How long will it take to transfer containers or motor vehicles from the port to our yard?
Transfer of motor vehicles happens immediately after the vessel discharges while containers take two days.
08. How do I register my trucks with Interpel CFS?
For containerized cargo, trucks will be required to load out the boxes from the CFS to their final destinations. To have your trucks / transporter registered with us we require :- A formal letter on ...
09. What benefits are our clients entitled to?
Extended free storage days Negotiation of favourable terms Maximum security maintained during and after cargo transfer Enrolment to customer Loyalty / reward Programme
10. How do I nominate to Interpel CFS?
At the time of shipping, give instructions to your shipper to insert the clause “in transit to Interpel CFS” indicated on the B/lading under goods description. If not nominated at the time of the Port ...
11. How do I clear my cargo from Interpel Investment CFS?
To clear cargo through Interpel CFS, an Importer has to ensure that the Bill of Lading bears the clause “Goods In Transit to Interpel Investment CFS”.
12. When do I need to submit the B/lading for clearance?
Ensure the copy B/Lading is submitted to the CFS prior to vessels’ arrival to allow prompt cargo transfer. Present a copy B/L to our office or email to [email protected]
13. Any penalties for delayed B/lading?
There will be hefty KPA re-marshalling and storage for any consignees’ nominated cargo, discharged and left in the Port for lack of clearance. It is very important to furnish the CFS with copy B/L so ...
14. How do I inform the CFS to release my cargo to the transporter?
Send us an authorization note from the your Company’s domain or on a letterhead indicating the trucks details, driver’s name and ID numbers
15. For more details or clarifications, what do I do?
Feel free to contact our Customer Service Department for any queries on +254 0727-998811 / 0738-866747 and on [email protected]
01. What is a CFS?
It means a ...
02. Can i get payment terms?
Equal blame belongs ...
03. What are the usual methods of freight payment in transida?