Interpel has come up with a set of rules which must be adhered to while at the facility.
Failure to observe these rules will result to safety violation and may lead to revocation of your privilege to access the facility.
The rules are as follows:
- All trucks must be registered with INTERPEL INVESTMENT CFS.
- Must wear Safety Vest at all times.
- Must have closed toe shoe (no flip flops, sandals, etc).
- Must have Hard Hat on if getting out of vehicle inside the container yard.
- Speed Limit is 10 km/h.
- Must wear seat belt while operating a vehicle.
- Cannot use cell phone, radio call or other mobile communication devices while vehicle is moving. This includes any type of iPod/phone ear piece being worn.
- No walking or driving in between container stacks or rows.
- Cannot leave vehicle running or unattended when out of view or more than 25 feet away.
- Do not drive, stand/walk under or touch any part including door handles of a suspended container.
- You are responsible to ensure that all container doors you have interacted with are properly latched and secured.
- Must look in the same direction you are traveling/moving.
- Slow down at intersections, blind spots and anytime your vision is obstructed.
- When passing vehicles at intersections speed limit is 5 mph.
- Maintain a safe distance from other vehicles, no tailgating.
- No driving through lanes or yard with container doors open or unsecured properly.
- Must come to a complete stop at all posted and painted stop signs.
- Machines have a right of way.
- Do not climb on any terminal equipment to communicate with operators (machine clerks, reach stackers).
- Must remain in truck while waiting for terminal equipment to mount or dismount your container.
- Must maintain your driver side window rolled down so you are able to hear horn from reach stacker.
- Only use designated restrooms.
- No unauthorized passengers (passengers must meet facility ID requirements) or pets/animals.
- Must comply with all requests given by terminal security personnel.
SOP CFS Operations
Interpel CFS is a ten minutes drive from Mombasa city centre. Take Kenyatta Avenue and turn left on reaching Makupa roundabout.
After crossing Makupa crossway, turn left on reaching Changamwe roundabout on Kipevu Road. Drive approximately 40 meters and you will see Interpel CFS on your right.
- Original CFS Release Order from the shipping Agency/Line which will aid to facilitate cargo transfer from port to our terminal.
- Delivery Order from the shipping line/agency.
- Copy of customs entry.
- Copy of the Bill of Lading.
PLEASE NOTE: No discrepancy in the documents is allowed.
All trucks delivering cargo from our terminal MUST be registered with us for cargo security purposes. This exercise is free.
Documents to be presented to us at least four days prior to arrival of the shipment. This is a measure aimed at avoiding incurring additional expenses, i.e. storage charges payable to Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), demurrage charges payable to the shipping line and warehouse charges payable to Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
Containerized cargo should be cleared from the terminal within four days. However for Client nominated cargo, the terms of clearance are quite flexible.
CFS charges are settled upon obtaining release from KRA, Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS), Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate Service (KEPHIS) and PORT HEALTH where applicable among others.
On completion of all required procedures, gate pass is issued to the clearing agents allowing them to load the cargos for final delivery to the consignees.